Notes

The worlds largest RV club held it's east coast 2012 Rally in Florida at the Daytona International Speedway.

Monday, August 27, 2012

California - Apple Valley

Where have I been for the last two months? In Apple Valley, CA parked at Ron & Debbie's house whose family I have known for 40 plus years.  During that time I also became friends with many of their friends, the horses, the rooster (who thought he was the family dog), and their cat "Tuna".



 


 
 

















During that time I also made use of Ron's workshop and tools to make some repairs and do some maintenance and upgrades on both the van and trailer in preparation for the return trip to Florida.  The biggest change in the trailer was the removal of all the outdated electronics in the entertainment system and building a new cabinet to accommodate all the "new stuff".  Out went the cassette player and in with a new CD player with a USB port and all the new gadgets. The old satellite receiver was taken out and a space for a new one perhaps at some future time. The old VCR was replaced by a new Blue-Ray player with WI-FI and stuff I don't even have a clue about. Of course the old analog TV was replaced with a 24" flat screen, LED, 1080p HD TV.  A new shelf for my laptop computer and external back-up hard drive and wiring everything into the existing amplifier for better sound through the built in RV speakers.  With all those upgrades came an education into "today's technology".  What a difference a few years make!



I am totally amazed that even CD's are outdated and MP3's are the way to go.  I already have a library of 358 songs on a "flash drive" that just plugs into the front of my CD player and plays all my favorite songs.  What amazes me even more is the half-dollar sized Apple iPod Nano that will hold nearly 4,000 songs and plugs directly into the radio in my van. Imagine how much space 4,000 45 rpm records would take up!! 



Willie Nelson said it best, I'm "on the road again".

No comments:

Post a Comment